Protecting our children in the digital world is an ever-evolving task for families and schools. Now, more than ever, parents are looking for guidance and support on how to manage their children's screen-time, deal with negative online experiences, manage peer relationships, and navigate the complex and rapidly-evolving world of gaming and social media.
As a school we have a partnership with a company called Linewize, which enables us to filter and block any potentially online risks for our students.
We also have an online safety hub on our website with lots of information and resources for families to access.
Here are some of the things you can find on the hub:
- Parent guides to apps (checking for potential risks)
- How to set up parental controls on devices
- How to have conversations with your child when things go wrong online
- Articles on hot topics in the cybersafety world
- Dealing with 'digital tantrums'
- Supporting your child to deal with online bullying