Bus Travel Notification
Please talk to your child about where to wait safely for the bus in the morning and when getting off in the afternoon, before crossing the road. Your child will be dropped off, on a return trip, on the same side of the road as your house, if parents are not there to meet the bus.
Bus Behaviour Contract
Please click here for the bus contract.
There are 3 bus routes that currently operate for Clevedon School students. These buses are under Ministry of Education contract and are run by Howick & Eastern Buses Ltd
1. North Road
Morning: This bus starts at 520 North Road at 8:25am and reaches school at approximately 8:35am.
Afternoon: This bus leaves school by approximately 3:05pm and reaches 520 North Road at 3.15pm.
2. Tourist/Monument Road
Morning: This bus leaves Munros Road at 8am travelling down Monument Road then right onto Tourist Road then onto McNicol Road arriving at school approximately 8:20am.
Afternoon: This bus leaves school at 3:25pm going via McNicol Road, Tourist Road and left onto Monument Road to the terminus at Munros Road by 3:40pm.
3. Kawakawa Bay
Morning: This bus leaves from Kawakawa Bay at 8.00am, going via Ness Valley at 8:25am, arriving at school approximately 8:40am.
Afternoon: This bus leaves school at 3:10pm going via Ness Valley at approximately 3.25pm, arriving in Kawakawa Bay approximately 3:40pm.
Criteria for Eligibility to Travel on the Bus
Please read below for the Ministry of Education guidelines:
The Ministry of Education has three criteria that students must meet in order to qualify for school transport assistance. They are:
- The student must attend their closest state or state-integrated school
- The student must live more than a certain distance from the school:
- Years 1-8: At least 3.2 km
- Years 9-13: At least 4.8 km
- There must be no suitable public transport options
Responsibility of caregivers
To ensure a safe environment for bus loading and unloading caregivers should:
- not park in bus bays
- adhere to the speed limit (20 km/h while passing a stationary school bus on either side of the road)
- try to eliminate the need for children to cross the road
- ensure that children get to and from the bus stop safely
- teach children to not run across the road