Clevedon School - Clevedon kids living and learning with PRIDE

Sign In

Kauri Learning Programme Information

Seesaw

Seesaw is our window into the classroom. It is a sharing platform where students and teachers post snapshots of the learning that happens throughout the year. Teachers also use Seesaw as an assessment tool. Your child and their teachers' welcome comments, questions and other feedback about the learning happening in class, and at home.

Your child’s teacher will send home more information and how to sign up in the first few weeks of term one. To learn more about Seesaw, please visit: What is Seesaw?

Bring Your Own Ipad (BYOiPAD)

Students continue to use their iPads to enhance learning in all curriculum areas. To support your child’s teachers’ and your child’s learning, we ask that you familiarise yourself with the BYO iPad letter send at the beginning of the year and also ensure that your child has all of the required apps.

BYO iPad - Kauri - iPads set up for 2020

If you have any questions about ICT and/or iPads please do not hesitate to speak with your child’s teacher. 

Learning Progressions And Assessment

Below you will find some links to help you understand the learning progressions in reading, writing and maths. These progressions are being used in class with students so that students understand where they are and what their next steps will be. Please use the links provided. Classroom teachers will be able to discuss these with you in more detail.

Reading

Reading progressions Y1-5 

This document shows the reading progressions for Year 1-5:

Reading progressions Y6-8 

This document shows the reading progressions for Year 6-8:

Writing

Writing progressions 

This document describes the writing progressions through the seven dimensions and writing behaviours, which writing is assessed on:

Maths

Number progressions

This rubric shows the number (addition/subtraction, multiplication/division, fractions/ratios) and algebra progressions for maths for all year levels:

Statistics progressions

This rubric shows the statistics progressions for maths for all year levels:

Geometry and measurement progressions

This rubric shows the geometry and measurement progressions for maths for all year levels:

Home Learning

Home learning expectations for the Kauri are outlined below. Home learning is to be set on Monday and completed by Friday. The aim of home learning in Kauri is to reinforce current learning at school and practice life skills such as self-discipline and time management.

Mathletics

1000 activity points, this will earn your child a certificate they can view by logging in Mathletics on any computer. The letter linked below contains further information about Mathletics and how to create a parent login to check your child’s progress.

Mathletics Parent letter

Reading

We ask that students are engaged in a reading activity each night for 10-15 minutes. This could be your child reading to you, you reading to them or another reading activity. 

Kauri Hub

A Writing Task

We ask that students engage with a weekly prompt that is shared with them via Seesaw. This is aimed at inspiring deeper level thought and it would great if you could support your child by engaging in discussion with them and prompting them to record this via the Padlet you child's teacher has shared with them.

If it any stage your child is unable to complete their home learning, please contact your child’s teachers. Kauri teachers will reward students who complete their home learning as a form of encouragement.

Self-management

Classrooms are open from 8.30 am. When entering the classroom in the morning, students are required to unpack their bags and prepare for the day's learning. This includes checking the timetable for the day, making sure their pencil cases and exercise books are ready and placing these in their chosen learning space for the morning block.

This is also a great time to talk with your child’s teacher. If you have a private matter you would like to discuss, however, please schedule a mutually agreeable time to meet with your child’s teacher.

Eating During Class

During class, students are permitted to drink water or eat raw fruit or vegetables. This is scheduled for after morning fitness at approximately 10.00 am. Only prepared raw fruit, vegetables and water will be allowed during this time. As this is not a break, please ensure that the fruit or vegetables are prepared in a way which makes them easy to eat and leaves little mess.

Lunch Rubbish And Waste-free Wednesday

To help reduce rubbish at school we are encouraging students to have a waste-free lunch box every day and take any rubbish home in their lunchbox. Food scraps will go to the worm farm. Every Wednesday we reward students for having a waste-free lunchbox. Consider how you can package your child's lunch in reusable containers to ensure that there is no waste created.

Our Contact Details

We operate an open-door policy in the Kauri team, so please come in and see us if you have any issues or concerns. One of your child’s pod teachers is the first port of call, then the team leader. 

Room 6

Craig Smith: csmith@clevedonschool.co.nz (team leader)

Room 7

Ben Brogden: bbrogden@clevedonschool.co.nz 

Room 8

Jalena Eade jeade@clevedonschool.co.nz 

Room 9

Kirsten Pearse: kpearse@clevedonschool.co.nz