We welcome enquiries about enrolling children at Clevedon
School. Should you require any information regarding enrolling your child or would like to visit with the principal please phone the office on (09) 2928654 for an
Enrolment at the school is governed by an enrolment scheme, details of which are available at the bottom of this page or you can contact us at the school office.
Clevedon School - Out of Zone Enrolments - CLOSED for 2017
2017 School Year
Applications can be made at the school office or an enrolment form can be mailed or emailed to you by calling 292-8654 or click here to download the form.
The deadline for receipt of applications for out of zone places is Wednesday 12 October 2016.
If the number of out of zone applications exceeds the number of places available, students will be selected by ballot on Wednesday 19 October 2016. Parents will be informed of the outcome of the ballot within three school days of the ballot being held.
Enrolling your child
At Clevedon School we aim to do our best to ensure a smooth start for all our new students.
The following documentation is required by the school prior to any child starting:
- Enrolment questionnaire (forms are not available online - please see the office for this)
- Immunisation certificate
- Birth certificate or passport
- Dental enrolment form (forms are not available online - please see the office for this)
- Proof of address - Power/telephone account or tenancy agreement
Once we receive this documentation, we will arrange a meeting between you and our principal as part of the introduction to the school.
Information for new entrant children
To ensure a smooth transition into school, for new entrant children, please visit the school office approximately 1 month before your child’s fifth birthday to complete the enrolment details.
We also suggest that you complete a B4 school check b4school check
Pre school visits
Two weeks prior to your child’s fifth birthday your child will be invited to visit the new entrant class to:
- see the room that the child will be starting school in
- meet the teacher
the students in the class
out where the toilets and cloak bays are
introduced to some of the routines of the classroom programme
out where some of the equipment is kept
introduced to some of the requirements of being a class member
fun while learning
The school visits are held on Friday mornings from 9-11am. The child can come in mufti or wear school uniform and we ask that you pack them a healthy snack for morning tea. If your child is settled and confident, you may leave your child the last pre-school visit. Children participating in a pre-school visit are able to stay for interval as long as their parent stays in the playground with them.
All students who live within the home zone described below shall be entitled to enrol at the school. To download a map of this area, click here
- North Road: All of North Road up to the junction with
Maraetai Coast Road.
- Twilight Road: 2.9 km along Twilight
Road from the Clevedon roundabout where the boundary abuts the zone of Brookby
- West Road: Up to, but not including
the intersection with Tyldens Road and not including Tyldens Road.
- Papakura-Clevedon Road: Up to, but
not including the intersection with Clevedon-Takanini Road.
- Tourist Road: Up to the end of
Tourist Road at the intersection with Papakura-Clevedon Road.
- Monument Road: Up to the end of
Monument Road, including McGregor and Highridge Roads, but not into Sky
- McNicol Road: Up to the end of
McNicol Road, including all no exit roads.
- Otau Mountain Road: Up to the end of
Otau Mountain Road, excluding Orum Road and McKenzie Road.
- Ness Valley Road and Moumoukai Hill Road:
Up to the end of the public road (where it intersects with McKenzie Road).
- Kawakawa-Orere Road: Up to the
beginning of the 100kph zone, approximately 1.5 km from the intersection with
- Kawakawa Bay Coast Road: Up to the end of the road.
Proof of residence within the home zone will be required.
Each year, applications for enrolment for the following year from in-zone students will be sought by a specific date, which will be published in a daily or community newspaper circulated in the area served by the school. This will enable the board to assess the number of places, which can be made available to students who live outside the home zone.
Out of zone
Each year the board will determine the number of places, which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for out of zone enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First priority must be given to students who have been accepted for enrolment in the following special programme(s) run by the school and approved by the Secretary for Education*.
- Second priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
*This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary for Education under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulated in the area served by the school.
For more information, please visit the Ministry of Education’s website