Clevedon School - Clevedon kids living and learning with PRIDE

Sign In

Term 1 - Week 4 2019 Notices and Reminders

Diary Dates:

• Monday - Kauri Camp

• Tuesday - Kauri Camp

• Tuesday -  Stuart Hale parent information 9am

• Tuesday - Stuart Hale parent information 1.45pm

• Wednesday - Community Swimming Lessons 

• Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - Kowhai team at Camp Raglan 

• Friday - Pohutukawa team dress up day 

Stuart Hale - Parent Information Session

We are lucky to have Stuart Hale, iEducator, working with our staff and students on a Tuesday this year.  Stuart has a wealth of knowledge and expertise around apple devices and will be integral to the success of the BYOD programme this year.  We are pleased to offer the following parent information session:

Maximising the iPads potential for children with balance, creativity, control and protection

Tuesday 19 February - 9am Teacher resource room

Tuesday 19 February - 1.45pm  Teacher resource room     

Swimming Pool

Kauri students will be using the pools as a camp activity after school on Monday. Due to this, the pool will be closed until 6 pm Monday 18 February.

Kauri Camp

Kauri students will be camping out at school next week. We will be in tents on the field and kindly ask that parents and children stay outside of the fenced off area for the duration of camp. We look forward to welcoming our Kauri Campers at 8:30 am on Monday and will see you back at school on Tuesday at 3:30pm.

Comfrey plants

Does anyone have access to spare comfrey plants that we could establish and grow at school to strengthen our school composting programme? Contact Whaea Ani aforgie@clevedonschool.co.nz

Drury Junior Rugby 2019 Registration dates

Come and Join us in 2019. Registration is on the 22nd February from 4.30-6.30. It will be held at the Drury Rugby Club at 10 Tui Street Drury. Online Registration also available via our website:

www.druryrugby.co.nz/junior-rugby/Player-Registration

Term 1 - Week 3 2019 Notices and Reminders 

Diary Dates:

• Thursday - Whole School Assembly 2pm

Lunchtime Activities

This year we would like to establish some new lunchtime clubs for our students. This could be a lego club and a board games club. To help us get these clubs up and running we are asking for donations of any lego that families are no longer using. Any donations would be greatly appreciated and can be delivered to POD 3 (old library). We would like to thank those families that have donated board games, we have plenty of these now. 

Dutch language and cultural classes

Dutch School Auckland is gauging interest for Dutch language and cultural classes for children with a Dutch or Flemish background in the Franklin area.The classes are suitable for children ages 4-12 and will be located in Pukekohe. For more info contact Bernie on 021 058 4186 or visit us on Facebook: Nederlandse School Auckland.

Term 1 - Week 2 2019 Notices and Reminders 

Diary Dates:

• Tuesday: Stuart Hale parent information morning regarding iPads
  • Wednesday: Waitangi day - School closed
  • Friday: PRIDE week open morning 9.30am  

We are lucky to have Stuart Hale, iEducator, working with our staff and students on a Tuesday this year. Stuart has a wealth of knowledge and expertise around apple devices and will be integral to the success of the BYOD programme this year.  We are pleased to offer the following parent information session:

He will offer this session at the following times:

Tuesday 5 February9amTRR(parents of Kauri/Kowhai are encouraged to attend this session due to camp)

Tuesday 19 February9amTRR

Tuesday 19 February 1.45pmTRR

PRIDE week open morning

We welcome parents and caregivers to classrooms between 9.30am and 11.00am Friday 8 February. Children have been and will be participating in PRIDE rotations this week and throughout next week to learn about our school values and those things that are important here at Clevedon School.  Classes have prepared learning around the PRIDE values to share with you during this time. Look forward to seeing you here.

Lunchtime Activities

This year we would like to establish some new lunchtime clubs for our students. This could be a lego club and a board games club. To help us get these clubs up and running we are asking for donations of any lego packs of cards and board games (in decent condition) that families are no longer using. Any donations would be greatly appreciated and can be delivered to POD 3 (old library).

Showquest

Clevedon School will be performing at Showquest this year (formerly known as JRock). The performance in the city will be on 5th, 6th or 7th June (TBC) and will involve a long day and late night on the performance day. We will be working with groups of students to create a 15-minute performance piece to music with a digital backdrop. Participation is open to students in years 2 to 8. Most students have registered their interest this week. If your child is interested, please have a chat with them about this and check they have completed this form. If they have not, please help them complete this by Monday morning.

More details will follow next week for participating students.

We will also be looking for parent help, not only for the day but also during the process of creating our pieces, digital backdrops, props and costumes. If you have experience or contacts and time to help out over the coming two terms, please get in touch with Jo - jodds@clevedonschool.co.nz.

Piano and Keyboard lessons with NZ Modern School of Music – Teacher Leanne

Stewart.

Do you want your children to learn to read music and play the piano or keyboard?

Leanne Stewart is offering solo in-school lessons on Tuesdays.

Quality, creative and fun music tuition!

$19 for solo 20 minute lesson.

For more information and to register please contact Leanne Stewart.

Mobile: 0211640996

Email: leannepstewart@outlook.com

Website: www.nzmsmcounties.co.nz

Sports news

Te Puru Gymnastics Club offers recreational gymnastics and tumbling classes for children from 5 years old. Classes run on Monday and Thursday afternoons from 3:30pm onwards. Each class is one hour long.

All the apparatus you would expect to find in a comprehensive gymnastic class are utilised. This includes the vault, bars, balance beam, floor, and rings.  Te Puru Gymnastics Club also use small equipment to assist in developing fine motor skills. The tumbling classes use air tracks, a double mini tramp, floor mats and more.

All classes are open to girls and boys. Boys are grouped together as the focus and skills differ somewhat. These classes are for children from 5 years to 13+."

For more information please view the timetable here, or contact David Strid.

Daniel Strid | Sport & Recreation Manager 

Te Puru Community Centre

954R Whitford-Maraetai Road

09 536 5360

https://www.tepuru.co.nz/

Calendar

Passion, Respect, Integrity, Diversity, Empathy