Clevedon School - Clevedon kids living and learning with PRIDE

Sign In

Sports events and information 

Clevedon School Sporting Event Guidelines

Please refer to our guidelines for sporting events that our school participates in. This document outlines the processes and procedures for participation and selection in these events. 

Sporting event guidelines

2018 - term 2

Cross country/fun run

This year, early in term 2 Clevedon School students will take part in a dual Cross Country event held at school. Students have been training since March and should be raring to go! This event is also our annual fundraiser in 2018, for more information please visit click here or ask at the school office.

Kiwi sport football 

Kiwisport has kindly accessed funding to allow for the delivery of an in-school programme delivered by qualified football coaches in school time. The programme allows for the schools to put the classes through an 8 week programme, the programme is a New Zealand Football Schools programme for primary aged children. It is sponsored by 5+A Day and is a programme that children enjoy and learn new skills through. In term 2 students in Pohutukawa, Kauri, and Kowhai will enjoy the coaching of the Kiwisport Football coaching team.

NZ football for children

This term all Clevedon School students will participate in the one-day Football for Children programme. The programme is centred around fun and enjoyment with an emphasis on motor skills development, agility and coordination. The students have a great time playing within the inflatable fields. Those who wish are also able to subscribe to an 8-week programme run once a week during lunch times to further develop their skills. For more details please email footballfcnz@gmail.com or ask at the school office. 

Hockey

This term presents our senior students with the chance to take part in a one-day Hockey tournament against other ECCS schools. Our athletes travel to Lloyd Elsmore in Pakuranga and compete for a position on the ECCS team to represent our cluster at the Counties Hockey competition.