Clevedon School - Clevedon kids living and learning with PRIDE

Sign In

A message from our principal

On behalf of the Clevedon School Board of Trustees, staff and students, I extend a very warm welcome to you and your family as you embark on that very important decision as to where to educate your child.

Clevedon School is a wonderful rural school catering for students from year 0-8. We are set in the heart of the Clevedon Valley and have the luxury of not being confronted with noisy traffic and the daily hustle and bustle of the city. Our outlook is the nearby Hunua Ranges and beautiful farmlands. We belong to the wider Clevedon community and enjoy active parent involvement in our school in a variety of areas.

Our Clevedon Curriculum is framed by the New Zealand Curriculum and our response to current research around what initiatives have the largest positive impact on student progress and achievement. We believe all students are active participants in their learning and should have all the necessary information about their personal progress and achievement to assist them in their learning. We expect all our students to be "assessment capable” – able to answer three key questions about their learning – ‘Where am I going?’, ‘How am I going?’ and ‘Where to next?’.

Our leadership team work collaboratively with all teachers to best meet the educational and pastoral needs of every learner in our school. We have a focus on quality literacy and numeracy programmes in all classrooms and and we encourage our students to strive for personal excellence in all learning areas of the curriculum

Our staff and students live our school vision "Clevedon kids living and learning with PRIDE”. Our five PRIDE values underpin our being – Passion, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Empathy. We live and work by them in all aspects of school life. We are an inclusive, caring school where staff, parents and students all work together to develop our future citizens and leaders.

We welcome your consideration of us as your school of choice for your child.

Kind regards

Julie Schumacher